What to Consider When Buying a Compact Tractor for the First Time
You have been thinking about it for so long, and it is finally time to purchase your first tractor. It must be something that can help you complete your task and make you proud of where you are and the lifestyle you have chosen. You know you want a John Deere tractor; you are not sure what size or how to purchase it. Let us take you through the buying process of buying a compact tractor from Shoppa’s.
When buying a compact tractor, customers may ask the question, “what size tractor do I need?” Most first time buyers are not sure what size tractor they need or what would work best for them. That is why Shoppa’s salesmen ask our customers questions to help better understanding what they need. Questions can include:
- How many acres do you have? – Which can determine how big of a tractor you will need.
- Do you have any tractor experience? – This question can determine if you want a Power Reverse or Hydrostatic Transmission.
- What types of tasks do you want to be able to accomplish? – This question can determine how much horsepower and the variety of implements you need.
- What is your budget? – We want to be able to fit your budget.
- How much time do you want to spend on the tractor? – Knowing how much time you would like to spend on the tractor will determine which features are best for you.
- Would you like a cab? – An open station is a cheaper option, but a cabbed tractor has heating, a/c, and can protect you from the elements.
- Do you want 2wd/ 4wd? – All compacts come with a 4wd option, which is great for moving dirt or when using any ground-engaging implement.
- Do you need a trailer? – If you will be hauling your tractor often and do not have a trailer, we offer packages that include a Ranch King trailer.
Once your salesman has an idea of what you are needing, we can give you different compact tractor options within your budget. When you decide to purchase a tractor, we will walk you through the purchase process. We will first build the tractor “package” you are looking for to give you the exact cost. We will inform our customers about potential discount options such as military and Farm Bureau discounts, as well as consider Texas Ag Exemption and insurance.
After building your package, adding discounts/ag exemptions, and insurance, you will have the option to pay cash or to finance. When financing, we will need a copy of your driver’s license and your social security number to send off a credit application. It is also important to know if you will be making a down payment of 10% with monthly payments or 20% down with annual payments. Credit applications usually come back within a few minutes.
Great! You are now approved to purchase a John Deere compact tractor! You will have two papers to sign. One is a contract agreeing to a monthly/annual payment option. The second is a purchase order. A purchase order serves as a receipt or an invoice for the purchase. We will then get your tractor ready for pick up or delivery. We do offer delivery options in which the cost varies depending on the size of equipment and mileage. When your compact tractor is ready, it will come with an operator’s manual and two keys.
Now you are prepared to tackle your list of tasks and drive off into the sunset with your very own John Deere Compact Tractor. If you have any questions or would like to learn more about John Deere Compact Tractors and other John Deere products, contact your local Shoppa’s store. Store locations include:
- Beaumont – 409-842-1128
- Liberty – 936-336-7226
- East Bernard – 979-335-4887
- El Campo – 979-543-8363
- Bay City – 979-245-2711
- Victoria – 361-578-7072
- Shiner – 361-594-3312
- Giddings – 979-542-2259